- I helped my daughter with math.
- I talked my mom into eating real food before eating her first ice cream treat of the day.
- I texted my eldest about where his transcripts might be located.
- I discussed internship and work options with my college student son.
- I listened to a room full of girls singing along to Taylor Swift while watching NCIS at super volume with my mom.
I’m just visiting my mom right now, but we’d like to have her living with us in a year or so. These weeks are glimpses of my future.
I’m not sure whether I am the peanut butter or the jelly, but I’m definitely in the middle. My husband is right there with me, the jelly to my peanut butter or the peanut butter to my jelly. Whichever it is, I’m glad we’re in this together.
I think we’ll need earplugs.