While we’re waiting for the 50th anniversary special, let’s discuss the Doctor. If you watch (and you should at least give it a try)…
1. Who has been your favorite Doctor?
2. Favorite companion?
3. Did you care about the mystery of Clara?
4. Did you watch old Who, or did you start recently?
5. What would you like in the next regeneration?
6. Do you want Jenny, Vastra, and Strax to get a spin-off?
1 & 2. David Tennant and Catherine Tate were my favorites. After Rose and Martha, I enjoyed the complete lack of romantic interest they had in each other and the depth of their friendship. I loved Wilf, too.
3. I did not care a whit about who Clara was. Granted, it wasn’t easy to predict like the mystery of who River Song was, but at least I cared about River. I was disappointed when I heard that Clara would still be around next season; I was hoping for a clean slate.
4. I never watched Doctor Who before Eccleston (whom I liked), but have since gone back to watch some of them.
5. I hope the next Doctor is not so terribly young. A little maturity adds depth.
6. Torchwood was too dark for my tastes, and I found Jack much less appealing in his own show, so I’m almost afraid of a spin-off. However, Strax, Jenny, and Vastra are fun, and I’d like to see more of them. Maybe a few specials, but not a series.